- Could the high voter turnout (80%) inspire Americans as a whole to vote in this election? Is apathy “out”?
- Could the Obama/Clinton battle inspire real conversations and analysis of race and gender in the United States?
- Is the electorate looking for intelligence and integrity this time around? This does not favor Giuliani or Romney’s slick, moneyed campaigns or Richardson’s poorly dyed hair.
- Can I finally breathe again because W will really be gone in 1 year and 12 days?
- Can we finally get past fear-mongering as a campaign strategy? I heard a lot of hopeful inspiration and vision.
- Will it be okay for a woman to cry in the 21st century? Could we begin to appreciate humanness in our leaders?
- Will moderation become a political asset? Will the middle move back to the middle?
- Will my (caucasian) daughter and (African-American) son both be able to see themselves in leading candidates?
- Will the pundits ever be other than white men? (okay, that was less a hope than a complaint as white men discuss impacts of gender and race in this election.)