I think this will make for some great conversations, but right now I just need not to lose it. Of course, if you have a comment, please feel free to share it.
15 Reasons Why First-Time Guests May Not Return
Posted on Church Solutions blog
by Lynette Hawkins
- No welcome from the parking lot to the pews.
- Finding the right door to sanctuary appeared difficult.
- People in the pews held on to their “good seats.”
- Too many “churchy insider words” like doxology and introit throughout the worship experience.
- No safe, clean nursery for the babies and toddlers.
- No sincere greeting extended by pastors or members.
- No warmth or hospitality extended.
- Missing joy and a spiritual atmosphere.
- No sense of family in the church community.
- Very limited reaching out to outsiders or strangers.
- Very few ministries or activities for youth or children.
- Public recognition of guests that left them feeling uncomfortable.
- Appears to be no vision or purpose for the congregation.
- On Sunday morning, members and ushers seem focused on “member only” conversations.
- No one invited them back.