I couldn’t have said it better. Here’s a summary:
- A leader needs to be willing to stand out and be ridiculed.
- If you are the leader, you must nurture your first few followers as equals.
- It’s about the movement, not the leader.
- The first follower transforms the lone nut into a leader.
- When you find a lone nut doing something great, have the courage to follow.
- New followers emulate the follower, not the leaders.
- As more people join in, it’s less risky.
- Eventually, the tipping point occurs and people want to be part of the fun.